Thursday, September 19, 2013

Allergic to breast milk...?!

I've been so busy keeping up with baby Alex that I didn't have the time to write a new post! Alex was born on June 2nd and weighed 7lbs 12oz.
For 7 weeks i exclusively breast fed him with no major problems. But one day we found streaks of blood and mucus in his dirty diaper.

So now we're on a dairy and soy free diet so that I can continue with breastfeeding. We did try a dairy and soy free formula for him, which he hated and gave him a tummy ache. I will just have to sacrifice a little longer. It's crazy how many products contain soy and/or dairy. Apparently soy is a cheap filler, so a lot of foods contain soy. I pretty much have to prepare all my meals from scratch, using fresh meat and vegetables. I feel amazingly healthy and I am already 25lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. But I do miss ordering take out or eating out when I don't feel like cooking. 

I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep up with this diet but I hope to make it to a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment